Clean & Prep and Paint Line positions often require rotation of job functions: these two positions will perform paint duties half of shift, perform clean and prep duties other half of shift; this will occur one or two days per week. Employees working in these areas will perform a variety of functions from prepping and cleaning products prior to painting, removing caps prior to painting, loading/unloading various steel and aluminum components on moving conveyor line for powder coating; monitoring finished products for blemishes, prepping products for shipping, as well as other duties as assigned.
Tape Measure / Tool Set / Hand-held Power Tools
1. Safety Glasses Shall be Worn at all times, except designated breaks
2. Steel Toe Boots Shall be Worn
3. Gloves Shall be Worn when applicable
4. Earplugs (not ear buds) shall be worn at all times, except designated breaks
5. Respirator shall be worn when applicable
• Duties and responsibilities below are not all-inclusive; paint line and clean and prep will rotate. • Assists in cleaning out washers and ovens, in removing hang-ups of parts and in scheduled paint system clean-up. • Hang up parts on line; load and unload finished product. • Sort parts to repaint and/or touch up as needed; place parts in proper storage location. • Responsible for general housekeeping in work station. • Assume responsibility for his/her work on equipment assigned to per quality standards. • Hand painting touch-ups when required. • Perform color change-out when needed. • Confirm powder coating details per job specifications • Prep and hang required elements of job order • Prep paint surface prior to painting. • Proper cleaning of product to follow set protocol for product
• Must be 18 years of age or older. • Ability to read and interpret basic blue prints. • Ability to following instructions and work in a team environment. • Ability to pass respiratory physical and be cleared to wear required respirator. • Possess basic math skills. • Pass pre-employment drug screen. • Must be able to use hands and arms to manipulate product, lift and lower product; twist, bend, reach, pull, push, walk and stand; standing required for duration of shift; ability to work in manufacturing environment. • Good communication skills and judgment. • Ability to load and unload up to and including 40-50 lbs, alone and with assistance and/or overhead crane.
Temp-to-Hire, 90 day probation.
Related keywords: painter
Job Types: Full-time, Temp-to-hire
Pay: From $12.00 per hour
Face masks must be worn at all times while inside facility. Some exceptions apply (such as while welding); ask supervisor for exceptions.