The IFH Group, Inc. currently has available a position as a Janitor at our Rock Falls, IL location. This position is generally for the shop facility. Summary job description follows.
The primary purpose of this position is to keep facilities clean, orderly and in good condition by providing general housekeeping and janitorial duties.
General Description and Duties
- UPDATE: Due to COVID-19 the following duties have been added:
- •Wipe down all door handles/knobs, inside and outside of building
- •Spray/wipe down all keyboard/mouse, in all terminals throughout facility
- •Spray/wipe/sanitize ALL high-touch areas
- •Wipe/sanitize buttons on vending machines, microwaves
- •Gather and empty trash and trash bins
- •Clean building floors by sweeping and/or mopping
- •Clean shop restrooms and stock with supplies (toilet paper, paper towels, etc.)
- •Clean breakroom/lunchroom of trash, sweep and mop floor, wipe down tables and counters, keep microwaves clean inside and out
- •Clean and sanitize drinking fountains
- •Make note of needed supplies, and provide Plant Manager request for cleaning supplies
- •Notify Plant Manager of needed repairs or maintenance (i.e. light bulbs replaced)
- •Keep entry to building clean and orderly – pick up trash, cigarette butts
- •Ensure doors to outside are not propped open
- •Clean light switches and switch plates, door frames, door jams
Physical Requirements – Must be able to bend, stoop, grasp/handle, kneel, reach forward, reach above shoulders, stand for majority of shift, twist, walk. Must lift up to and including 50 lbs (seldom) with or without assistance. Push broom and/or self-propelled floor sweeper and wheeled trash bin. Must be able to work in a normally noisy, high-heat environment. Must wear steel-toe boots.
$15.00 per hour
COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS: Face masks required by all inside facility unless fully vaccinated* and provide proof of vaccination to Human Resources (*fully vaccinated = 2 weeks post 2nd dose or 2 weeks post single J&J dose).