Position: Regional Sales – IFH Group West
Market: OEM Customers – Precision Fabrication and Contract Manufacturing
Territory: Oregon, California
Position currently held by: Vacant
Supervisor: President, IFH Group
To meet or exceed sales objectives of an assigned territory by promoting and selling OEM fabricated
products through professional sales techniques, customer service, product service and long-term
customer relationship building.
The items contained in this job description include but are not limited to the role and responsibilities of
an outside sales person for The IFH Group West, LLC.
- Meet or exceed sales targets; achieve maximum sales in an assigned territory through personal
sales calls to targeted customer accounts.
- Make at least 15 quality contact calls per week to manufacturers that use precision metal
fabrication work that we have capabilities to produce for their production.
- Work to increase market share both with existing and new customers.
- Target these accounts by present and potential dollars of revenues, profits, cost to sell and
probability of success.
- Allocate time and call frequency based on the above factors.
- Make the appropriate number of calls on prospects versus customers. Identify potential growth
areas and open new accounts.
- Sell all size customers but concentrate on potential accounts were sales are $10,000+ per
- Prepare written presentations, reports and price quotations (through Engineering) with the
approval of the President of The IFH Group, Inc.
- Continually monitor our competition, keep abreast of competitive issues, products, markets and
share any of this knowledge with IFH Staff.
- Attend trade shows, participate in sales meetings and continually learn our products and
- Be proactive in assistance to Engineering, Purchasing and Quality at the design, quoting and
proto-type phases of production
- Prepare, organize, and ensure all necessary documentation is in hand prior to turning over for
quoting. Utilize proper forms filled out in their entirety.
- Work a 5-day week.
- Schedule necessary over-night travel.
- Utilize laptops and cell phones to fullest extent.
- Minimize travel time and expense.
- Maximize time with customers.
- Call on accounts in clusters. Work one section of territory utilizing loops and cloverleaf travel methods.
- Plan each day, week and month
- Plan each call
- Set an objective to accomplish with each call
- Dress appropriately for the customers you are calling on
- Present a professional image
- After each call fill out a call report and customer profile and post each evening on IFH computer system
- Maintain customer profiles and customer files i.e.; Engineering, Purchasing, Expeditors,
- Decision Maker, Shop Floor, Quality and Accounting contacts
- Submit the following in a timely manner: Sales plans, Call reports, Forecasts and Expenses.
- Communicate information regarding our competition to the President as you learn it.
- Company Relations
- Comply with all company Policies and Regulations.
- Work with, communicate with, develop positive relationships with and coordinate activities with
- Engineering, Accounting and the President.
- Communicate effectively; cooperate with fellow sales people and management.
Through the years, The IFH Group has enjoyed a reputation for outstanding engineering and production, prompt, courteous, knowledgeable service, and a quality workplace environment. If you are interested in pursuing a career with the IFH Group, please fill out our online application.